Merciful Experts at Your Service
Residential Water Filtration Systems in Katy
Installation, Repair & Maintenance
Worried about impurities and bacteria in your water? Want to protect your family from waterborne illness? A whole-house water filtration system is a good first line of defense. Mercy Plumbing offers comprehensive water treatment services in Katy, TX, including installation, repair, and maintenance. These systems play a crucial role in water treatment, purifying the water that flows through pipes, fixing contaminants, and removing hard water minerals. We always take the time to fully understand your plumbing setup and specific needs before recommending the best option for you.
Call (832) 876-9498 or contact us online to schedule industry-leading repair, installation, or other Katy plumbing service today!
What is a Whole House Filtration System?
How to Choose a Water Filtration System
There are many water filtration options to consider depending on what you’re looking for. Each unit has its own features, benefits, and advantages. Some of the most common water filtration systems include:
- Reverse osmosis: As the water passes through the membrane of this filter, its ion concentration is dramatically increased, which purifies it.
- Carbon filter: Using several layers of activated carbon, impurities are trapped and removed from the water. Carbon filters can be installed throughout your home at each point of use.
- Water softener: Using a tank of salt, minerals in your water are neutralized and removed. This is most often a whole-home system.
Choosing the right system can be a challenging task, as there are so many different types and options available. However, there are a few key factors to consider when making your decision:
- Water Quality: Your water quality will be the biggest factor in determining which type you need. If your water is hard, you may need a water softener. If you have high levels of contaminants in your water, a reverse osmosis system may be the best option.
- Water Flow: The flow of water in your home or business will also impact which type of water filtration system you should choose. Systems with high flow rates are better for large households and businesses, while systems with low flow rates are ideal for smaller homes.
- Budget: The cost of a water filtration system can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on the type and size of the system.
Water Filtration Benefits
Are you on the fence about installing a water filtration system in your home? Although these systems are not necessary for your home’s daily functions, filtering or softening your water can have numerous health benefits as well as make your life more comfortable. Some of the most common benefits of water filtration include:
- Your water will taste better, saving you money on bottled water
- Your water will be guaranteed safe to drink
- Your family will be protected from water-borne bacteria
- No scale buildup – your appliances will work better for longer
Water filtration systems are essential to ensuring that you have clean and great-tasting water. They also remove contaminants and impurities that can affect the taste, odor, and overall quality of your safe drinking water supply. Additionally, it can help protect your pipes and plumbing fixtures from damage caused by hard water minerals and other contaminants.
What Can You Expect from Us?
Unmatched Quality & Values
Did You Find What You're Looking For?
Let our team help you during those big plumbing jobs. We offer financing through Greensky.
Learn about topics related to residential plumbing issues, do-it-yourself tips and more in our blog
Who wants to spend money when they don’t have to? Check out our online and seasonal discounts.