Gas Leak Detection in Katy
Fast & Reliable Service
Gas line leaks are a serious problem, requiring immediate assistance from a trained professional. A leaking gas line poses a fire risk and could put you and your family at risk of illness or worse.
At Mercy Plumbing, our gas line technicians offer fast and effective gas leak detection and repair, protecting your family when it matters most. Our prompt service reduces damage and ensures your gas line operates safely.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Gas is a colorless fume that many homes throughout Katy use as an energy source. It can power many of your appliances, from your water heater to your HVAC system. Gas is useful and efficient, but when it leaks, gas can pose a serious threat to your home and family. Keep an eye out for issues that may indicate you have a gas leak:
- Rotten egg smell – Although gas itself is odorless, companies put an additive in it to make it smell like rotten eggs to ensure that it’s impossible to miss.
- Hissing sounds – A rip or tear in the gas line will result in a hissing sound as the gas escapes the line.
- Dead grass in your yard – As leaking gas contaminates the soil in your yard, it will kill all the greenery in the area.
How to Handle a Gas Leak
If you suspect that gas is leaking in your home, follow these steps as quickly as possible:
- Call the gas company and inform them of the leak. They will turn off the main line to your home.
- Contact Mercy Plumbing for fast gas leak repair.
- Open your windows to air out your home.
- Make sure all your gas appliances are turned off.
- Evacuate your family and pets from your home.
- Ensure you are waiting a safe distance from your home.
- If someone is feeling dizzy or nauseous, take them to the hospital right away.
If you believe you have a gas leak in your home, don’t wait. Contact the gas company and Mercy Plumbing right away at (832) 734-9731.
24/7 Emergency Service
Did your sewer back up in the middle of the night? Don’t worry—we have you covered at all hours of the day and night.
100% Money-Back Guarantee
We stand behind all the work we carry out. If you’re not satisfied, we’ll gladly remove the parts installed and refund your money.
You’ll always know the cost of your service ahead of time because we charge by the job, not by the hour. Rest assured, you’ll never receive a surprise on your bill.
Do you need to get your plumbing fixed now but don’t want to pay for it all up front? At Mercy Plumbing, we offer excellent financing options.
Let our team help you during those big plumbing jobs. Financing through Greensky.Learn more
From fun facts to helpful DIY tips. Our blog is packed full of insightful plumbing material.Read More
Who wants to spend money when they don't have to? Check out our online and seasonal discounts.See all Deals