Merciful Experts at Your Service
Sewer Line Services in Katy
Sewer Line Replacement & Repair
Sewer line problems can be especially troublesome because it’s often difficult to know exactly what is causing the issue. With diagnostic testing and sewer expertise, our technicians at Mercy Plumbing can easily diagnose sewer problems and offer comprehensive solutions for your plumbing system.
Whether you need sewer line repair, pipe relining, or replacement for an existing line, Mercy Plumbing is here to help.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair
If you know what to look for, the signs and symptoms of main sewer line trouble can be obvious. These can range from a minor annoyance like a small leak to a routine-disrupting disaster like a pipe bursting. To avoid a serious plumbing emergency, watch out for the following warning signs that you need sewer repair:
- Gurgling sounds coming from the drain
- Standing water or slow-draining water
- Overflowing toilets
- Dirty water backing up into the sink or tub
- Foul odors coming from the drain
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Sewer issues are not only found in old homes with worn-out pipes; they can happen to anyone at any time. Some of the most common causes of sewer issues include:
- Roots – The root system of that big beautiful tree in your yard grows underground, where it searches for a water source. The tree roots are strong enough to burst through sewer pipes and cause immense damage if the damaged sewer line is too close to the tree. Fortunately, the professional plumbers at Mercy Plumbing have experience handling root damage to water lines.
- High temperatures – Extreme temperature conditions can impact your sewer system. A sudden spike in the temperature outside or a major weather event can cause the ground to shift. This shifting soil may damage or even break a sewage pipe.
- Corrosion – Over time, cast iron pipes become more and more susceptible to water damage and corrosion. Old, worn-out, corroded pipes need to be replaced. Did you know that using chemical drain cleaners can speed up the corrosion process? As an alternative, PVC pipes will not rust or corrode.
- Blockages – We’ve all had to deal with a clogged toilet at one point or another, but sometimes serious blockages are created by thick paper towels, human waste, grease buildup, or other foreign objects. These blockages can lead to a broken sewer line. Fortunately, they can be prevented with routine maintenance and drain cleaning services.
Mercy Plumbing utilizes trenchless sewer repair methods that are as non-invasive as possible, allowing us to perform partial or total pipeline repair or replacement without tunneling, damaging concrete, or tearing up flooring. Plus, video from our sewer line camera inspections saves time and money by allowing us to pinpoint problems before we start digging.
How to Prevent Sewer Line Problems
Want to stop problems before they start? These quick tips can help you avoid plumbing repairs and extend the life of your sewer pipes:
Comprehensive annual inspections are included in our Mercy Membership Program.
With Mercy Plumbing, Your Sewer Lines Are in Good Hands
Since 2001 we’ve provided expert plumbing services in Katy, TX. We are dedicated to maintaining the safety and comfort of every one of our clients, and we’re there when they need us most.
Whether you’re dealing with low water pressure or serious sewer line repairs that require extensive excavation, the plumbing experts at Mercy Plumbing will help you determine the best course of action.
Why choose Mercy Plumbing for sewer line cleaning and repair?
What Can You Expect from Us?
Unmatched Quality & Values
Did You Find What You're Looking For?
Let our team help you during those big plumbing jobs. We offer financing through Greensky.
Learn about topics related to residential plumbing issues, do-it-yourself tips and more in our blog
Who wants to spend money when they don’t have to? Check out our online and seasonal discounts.