Residential Water Filtration Systems
Installation, Repair & Maintenance
Worried about impurities and bacteria in your water? Want to protect your family from illness? A whole-house water filtration system is a good first line of defense. Mercy Plumbing offers comprehensive water filtration system services including installation, repair, and maintenance. We always take the time to fully understand your setup and needs before recommending the best option for you.
How to Choose a Water Filtration System
There are many water filtration options to consider depending on what you’re looking for. Each unit has its own benefits and advantages. Some of the most common water filtration systems include:
- Reverse osmosis: As the water passes through the membrane, its ion concentration is dramatically increased, which purifies it.
- Carbon filter: Using several layers of activated carbon, impurities are trapped and removed from the water. Carbon filters can be installed throughout your home at each point of use.
- Water softener: Using a tank of salt, minerals in your water are neutralized and removed. This is most often a whole-home system.
Water Filtration Benefits
Are you on the fence about installing a water filtration system in your home? Although these systems are not necessary for your home’s daily functions, filtering or softening your water can have numerous health benefits as well as make your life more comfortable. Some of the most common benefits of water filtration include:
- Your water will taste better, saving you money on bottled water
- Your water will be guaranteed safe to drink
- Your family will be protected from water-borne bacteria
- No scale buildup – your appliances will work better for longer