Sewer Line Services in Katy
Sewer Line Replacement & Repair
Sewer line problems can be especially troublesome because it’s often difficult to know exactly what is causing the issue. With diagnostic testing and sewer expertise, our technicians at Mercy Plumbing can easily diagnose sewer problems and offer comprehensive solutions. Whether you need sewer line repair or replacement, Mercy Plumbing can help.
Signs You Need Sewer Line Repair
If you know what to look for, the signs and symptoms of sewer line trouble can be obvious. These can range from minor annoyances to routine-disrupting disasters. Watch out for the following signs that you need sewer repair:
- Gurgling sounds coming from the drain
- Standing water or slow-draining water
- Overflowing toilets
- Dirty water backing up into the sink or tub
- Foul odors coming from the drain
Common Causes of Sewer Line Problems
Sewer issues are not only found in old homes with worn-out pipes; they can happen to anyone at any time. Some of the most common causes of sewer issues include:
- Roots – The root system of that big beautiful tree in your yard grows underground, where it searches for a water source. The roots are strong enough to burst through sewer pipes and cause immense damage if the line is too close to the tree.
- High temperatures – A sudden spike in the temperature outside or a major weather event can cause the ground to shift, which may damage or even break a sewer line.
- Corrosion – Old and worn out pipes need to be replaced. Did you know that using chemical drain cleaners can speed up the corrosion process?