Burst Pipe Repair in Katy, TX
Reliable 24-Hour Emergency Plumbing Service in West Houston
A burst pipe is an urgent issue that requires immediate professional help, or else you will experience significant water damage in your home. Mercy Plumbing is proud to offer fast and effective burst pipe repair in Katy and throughout West Houston that you can always count on.
What Causes Pipes to Burst?
In Texas, we are lucky that temperatures don’t drop down low enough that freezing and bursting pipes are a common problem. However, there are a few other factors that could lead to an emergency pipe repair in your home:
- Clogged drains or toilets – A clog can create immense pressure in your pipes. It may eventually become so strong that the pipe cannot withstand it, causing it to burst.
- Corroded pipes – While age is an important factor in corrosion, you can speed up this process by using too many chemical drain cleaning products while trying to fix a clog. Many products contain harsh chemicals like lye, which causes the pipes to wear down. These weak spots eventually burst, resulting in an emergency.
How to Prevent Burst Pipes
Although burst pipes Katy and West Houston are unexpected, there are many things a homeowner can do to prevent them.
Some of the most effective ways to prevent burst pipes include:
- Investing in professional drain cleaning services annually
- Making sure all clogs are removed quickly and efficiently
- Avoiding chemical drain products
- Installing foam insulation on the pipes to protect them
Receive fast & effective burst pipe repair in Katy or West Houston by calling (832) 876-9498 or contacting us online today!