AC Drain Line Services
We fix clogged AC Drain Lines
Is your AC drain line clogged? Mercy Plumbing can fix it fast.
A clogged AC drain line can cause severe damage to your home if not addressed quickly. Mercy Plumbing offers 24/7 service
Air conditioners create a lot of moisture. This moisture is collected and sent down an AC drain line or condensate drain line. This bit of plumbing is usually tied into the plumbing of a close by bathroom. Over time, mold and other debris build up inside this line. Once this line is clogged, the water will collect in a pan under the air conditioner unit. You may notice water dripping from a small tube outside your home. This is a back-up for the AC drain line so that the water does not get in your ceiling and attic space. If this back-up fails, water will overflow the pan and damage your home. Some modern AC systems have a fail-safe system that shuts the air conditioner off when the pan gets full.
If you see any signs of an AC drain line clog, contact Mercy Plumbing right away. We offer 24/7 residential plumbing services. Our technicians can quickly unclog your AC drain line so that it is working properly.
Signs that your AC drain line is clogged
There are a few signs that can indicate a clogged AC drain line:
- Water leakage: One of the most common signs is water leakage around the indoor unit of your air conditioner. If you notice water pooling or dripping from the unit, it may indicate a clogged drain line.
- Outside water drip: If you notice water dripping from a small tube in your roof line, it could be the back-up for the AC drain line. This line serves to remove the water during a clogged AC line.
- Noisy operation: A clogged drain line can cause gurgling or bubbling sounds coming from the air conditioning unit. This noise is the air bubbles in the condensate trapped within the drain line.
- Reduced cooling performance: A clogged drain line can affect the efficiency of your air conditioner. If you notice that your AC is not cooling as effectively as it used to, it could be due to a blocked drain line.
- Unpleasant odors: The accumulation of stagnant water in a clogged drain line can lead to the growth of mold, mildew, or bacteria. As a result, you may detect musty or foul odors coming from the air conditioning system.
If you suspect a clogged drain line, it’s important to address the issue promptly to prevent further damage.
Steps to Prevent A Clogged AC Drain Line
Taking preventive measures can help reduce the chances of a clogged AC drain line. Here are some steps you can take to prevent clogs:
- Regular maintenance: Schedule regular maintenance for your air conditioning system. A professional plumber can inspect and clean the AC drain line.
- Clean or replace air filters: Dirty air filters can lead to reduced airflow and increased condensation within the AC system. Regularly clean or replace your air filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations to maintain proper airflow and minimize the amount of moisture in the system.
- Keep the area around the indoor unit clean: Ensure that the area around the indoor unit is kept clean and free from dust, debris, and obstructions. This helps prevent debris from entering the system and potentially clogging the drain line.
- Clear condensate pan or tray: Check and clean the condensate pan or tray located beneath the evaporator coil regularly. Remove any standing water or debris to prevent it from entering the drain line and causing clogs.
- Insulate exposed pipes: Insulate any exposed pipes, including the condensate drain line, to prevent condensation from forming on the exterior of the pipe. This reduces the likelihood of debris sticking to the pipe and causing clogs.
- Use a drain line treatment: Consider using a drain line treatment product that helps inhibit the growth of algae, mold, and bacteria within the drain line. These treatments can help prevent clogs caused by organic matter buildup. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for application.
- Check the drain line periodically: Periodically inspect the drain line for any signs of blockage or buildup. If you notice slow drainage or any visible debris, take action to clear the clog promptly.
Remember, if you’re unsure about performing any maintenance tasks or if you encounter persistent clogs, it’s advisable to seek professional assistance from a licensed plumber. They can clear your clogged AC drain line thoroughly.
What To Look For In A Residential Plumber
Schedule Professional Plumbing Service in Katy Today
When it comes to quality, there’s only one name to trust – Mercy Plumbing. For over two decades, we’ve served our community by providing exceptional residential plumbing services at affordable prices in Katy. We understand that residential buildings have different issues and unique plumbing systems. We take the time to understand the situation of your plumbing emergency or/and your plumbing issues before creating customized plans. We also explain everything to our customers so that they can make informed decisions about their plumbing.
What Can You Expect from Us?
Unmatched Quality & Values
Did You Find What You're Looking For?
Let our team help you during those big plumbing jobs. We offer financing through Greensky.
Learn about topics related to residential plumbing issues, do-it-yourself tips and more in our blog
Who wants to spend money when they don’t have to? Check out our online and seasonal discounts.