Gas line leaks are a serious problem that require immediate assistance from a trained professional. A leaking gas line poses a fire risk and could cause your family to feel ill and faint, resulting in a trip to the emergency room.
At Mercy Plumbing, our Katy, TX gas line technicians offer fast and effective gas line leak detection and repair that will protect your family when you need it most. Our prompt service will reduce damage and ensure your gas line is safe.
Find out how you can save on your next call with our latest coupons and online offers.
Signs You Have a Gas Leak
Gas is a colorless, odorless fume that many homeowners in the area use as an energy source in the home. From your water heater to your HVAC system to appliances like the stove, gas is an efficient fuel source that is popular with homeowners. However, gas leaks can pose a serious threat to your home and family. Keep an eye out for the following issues that indicate a gas line leak in your house:
Rotten Eggs: Although gas is odorless, gas companies put an additive in it to make it smell like rotten eggs. This sulfuric smell is strong and impossible to miss.
Hissing Sounds: A rip or tear in the gas line will result in a hissing sound as the gas escapes the line. If you hear this sound, you probably have a gas leak.
Dead Grass: Dead grass and vegetation in your yard are another sign of a gas line leak. As the gas contaminates the soil, it will kill all the greenery in the area.
Steps for Handling a Gas Line Leak
If you suspect a gas leak in your home, follow these steps for a safe and efficient gas pipe leak repair service:
- Call the gas company and inform them about the leak. They will turn off the main gas line in your home.
- Call Mercy Plumbing for fast and effective gas line leak repair.
- While you wait for us to arrive, open your windows to air out the home.
- Make sure all your gas appliances are turned off.
- Evacuate your home with your family and pets.
- Ensure you are waiting a safe distance from the home and do not turn the car on if it is parked near the house.
- If someone in your family is feeling dizzy or nauseous, go to the hospital right away.
Browse through our latest reviews and customer feedback to see what other homeowners in the area are saying about us.