Today’s modern homes are smarter than ever before. Home automation systems will let you control temperature, lights, security, even blinds right from your smartphone. Bathroom plumbing has come a long way in the last two decades.
No longer is the bathroom only used for “going” and self-hygiene. As the most used room in your home, your bathroom can also be taken up a notch with the latest high-tech gadgets on the market today. Below, we take a look at the latest innovations in bathroom technology.
Today’s high-end toilets offer a variety of nifty features, such as:
- Toilet seat warmers are heated toilet seats that provide warming temperature settings and LED lighting.
- Water spritzing toilets, or bidets, provide temperature-controlled water with spritzing wands and automatic dryers so you don’t have to use your hands or toilet paper.
- Self-cleaning toilets clean themselves with spray jets of water and a deodorizing spray leaving your toilet clean and smelling fresh.
- Motion sensors will raise and lower the toilet seat when they sense someone is coming or going.
- Eco-friendly toilets are a priority in today’s environmentally friendly homes because they will save you money on your energy bill. Dual-flush toilets, as well as low-flow toilets, are two of the more popular eco-friendly toilets you can buy today.
If you got some extra cash lying around, the smartest, most high-tech toilets of all can provide dual-flush, self-cleaning foot-warming with programmable LED lighting and even an integrated bidet. These toilets are commonly found in Europe and are set to hit North America high-end retailers in the not so distant future.
Digital faucets not only save you water, but they are very cool to have.
Some of the features you will enjoy are:
- Temperature-control settings with reduced tap flow and touchless technology.
- Infrared tap technology will turn the water on and off when the faucet senses your hands.
- Programmable showers feature timed settings along with a teeth-brushing option.
Today’s digital showers will adjust the temperature and water flow. With an LED-illuminated digital interface, you can also set and save your shower preferences, like your preferred temperature and the spray intensity, both of which can be activated with remote control.
No high-tech bathroom would be complete without the addition of spiffy innovations. Here are a few that will take your shower experience to the next level:
- Refrigerated bathroom cabinets will keep your medications and soft drinks cool.
- LCD shower panels will let you control chromotherapy, water flow, steam, temperature, and music.
- Programmable showers provide timed shower settings and even teeth-brushing features.
- Waterproof TVs How cool is this? Soak in a relaxing, deep tub as you binge-watch your favorite Netflix shows.
- Chromotherapy showers use LED lighting in your shower (or tub) to produce shades of colors as you shower. Just add shower speakers or a shower head with wireless speakers and you’ve got yourself a relaxing, multi-sensory experience.
Today’s traditional tubs are being replaced by “smart” soaking tubs that focus more on relaxing the body than on personal hygiene.
Different types of high-tech soaking tubs are available and their features include:
- Stand-alone tubs with no wall surround.
- Lavish tub faucets.
- Japanese style soaking tubs.
- Chromotherapy, a mood-enhancing light in the tub, utilizes colors to adjust your body vibrations to frequencies. These frequencies will create harmony and relaxation. Each color light has a frequency that is specific to different physical symptoms.
If you are techie type thinking of upgrading your bathroom in the near future, you don’t want to miss out on all these cool yet useful gadgets for the bathroom. Call Mercy Plumbing in Katy, TX to discuss your bathroom remodeling goals. A knowledgeable expert will happily discuss with you all the options available so you can take your bathroom to a whole new level.